"R" rating for the new Star Wars?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Should the new movie have the "R" rating rather than "PG-13" ?

• YES

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • NO

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
Should the new movie have the "R" rating rather than "PG-13" ?

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
zave2340 said:
the "new" movie? what movie would this be....?
Ok..

How about the latest movie...

The movie now showing in theaters and being downloaded (shame..)....

--------------

I knew I should have put another option in the Poll. .... :duh:

Nov 15, 2004
zave2340 said:
the "new" movie? what movie would this be....?

:thud: Do you live in a cave? or under a rock?

Joe, haven't seen it yet, going monday or tuesday....please don't abduct me :D

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
sublime1184 said:

Joe, haven't seen it yet, going monday or tuesday....please don't abduct me :D
FRom what I have heard, I'd say don't bring the kids...

Ok, now I'll vote.

Mar 24, 2005
Canada
That's it. I can't wait any longer to see it now. I'm intrigued by this controversiry I previously knew nothing about. I don't care if "it's not time to see it yet", we're going!

slipknottin

the original legend
Jan 13, 2002
CT
Real Name
Connor
sublime1184 said:
:D
Well to be fair, the only place star wars is mentioned is right above Joe's first post... Could have easily missed that.

I dont really have any interest in seeing the movie, but I suppose I will hear about why this might have deserved an R rating.

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
slipknottin said:
Well to be fair, ... ... Could have easily missed that.

You can't miss "Star Wars" the Title of a Thread.

I think it was just 'sarcasm' when he said, "What movie?"

At any rate, the killings, death and destruction are not right for small children. It deserves an R rating. Even though I haven't seen it, just to hear reviews is enough for common sense to prevail on this matter. This movie is not quite like the first Star Wars.

'Common sense - some not have....'

Last edited:

FL Knifemaker

Arming the Free World
Oct 20, 2004
Central FL
I saw it last night with my 11 year old son. I don't see why it would need an R rating. There was violent scenes but nothing that gory. PG 13 should be enough warning for responisible parents.

The worst scene was when the robotic doctors were working on the new "Darth". He was missing both legs and one arm and totallly burnt from head to..............stumps :p: It only lasted a minute or so and really showed how the Darth Vader character developed. Yoda totally kicked A$$$

Last edited:

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
FL Knifemaker said:
I saw it last night .. I don't see why it would need an R rating. There was violent scenes but nothing that gory. ..... ... He was missing both legs and one arm and totallly burnt from head to..............stumps :p: It only lasted a minute or so and really showed how the Darth Vader character developed. Yoda totally kicked A$$$
Guess it could be a lot of "overprotection BS" then. I did not see the movie. Somebody mentioned (not here), Saving Private Ryan was a more acceptable movie compared to the "new" Star Wars -- the "new" Star Wars ...
(movie name repeated twice for readability) >>>>>>> :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store