Rams and Angelfish together?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

guppy226

AC Members
Jan 30, 2009
Hamilton, OH
I have a 29g long with 7 corys, and 4 small angelfish. Could i put a pair of german blue rams in there with them? It is planted heavily and has tons of hiding spots.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
I would not add any more fish.

do you have a plan for the angels?

a 29 l is too small for 4 angels once they reach adult.

I am not familiar with 29g long but keep my pairs in 29 g std

if not pairs I keep singles in 29's and that is cutting it close IME.
angels can get relatively large.

guppy226

AC Members
Jan 30, 2009
Hamilton, OH
I plan on moving the angels to a 55 once they grow a bit more. But can angels and GBR's be kept together?

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
yes they can.
you do need to keep the temp around 82f tho(fine for angels).

I keep blue rams with my Peruvian angels.

67chevelle

Basset Hound
Jul 30, 2008
I plan on moving the angels to a 55 once they grow a bit more. But can angels and GBR's be kept together?
If the tank is big enough.But even in a 55 I don't think it would be a good idea.Maybe in a 75.It really depends on how many of each you have,and if you have mated pairs or not.Cichlids are not all that predictable,but if they have enough space to claim territory,it should not be a problem.

guppy226

AC Members
Jan 30, 2009
Hamilton, OH
If the tank is big enough.But even in a 55 I don't think it would be a good idea.Maybe in a 75.It really depends on how many of each you have,and if you have mated pairs or not.Cichlids are not all that predictable,but if they have enough space to claim territory,it should not be a problem.
I could always set up another tank if needed. I have a 125g, two 75g, and a bunch of smaller tanks in storage.

Thanks for the advice everyone!

I've never tried GBR's before and I think they will be pretty cool. Its just a matter of finding them. I went to petsmart, petland, and superpets today and no one had them.

guppy226

AC Members
Jan 30, 2009
Hamilton, OH
I had a 29 with two angels, one pair of german rams and 5 pristella tetras. They all got along fine and the tank did very well. I think angels and rams are a good mix....but 4 angels in a 29 may be too many.
Thanks for the info! The angels are very small, there bodys are about the size of a nickel. I think ill set up my 125 for them.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
Thanks for the info! The angels are very small, there bodys are about the size of a nickel. I think ill set up my 125 for them.
now that would be a good set up :thumbsup:
if you are having trouble locating blue rams (ramirezi) looks for Bolivian rams ( Altispinosa).

they also do well with angels and are slightly more resilient compared to Blue rams.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store