Rams

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Turbo

Im going crazy
Dec 1, 2002
Minnesota, USA
Visit site
Ive recently gotten into Rams(German and Bolvarian) and love the colorations and varieties. But I have been searching everywhere to get a breeding pair of European Blue Rams. I first saw them actually in a book at the local Petsmart but cant find any pictures of them on the internet or anywhere and none of the local fish stores stock or will do orders for this fish. If anyone has some input or leads for me it would be greatly appreciated.

Turbo

Im going crazy
Dec 1, 2002
Minnesota, USA
Visit site
No, sorry I dont. I saw the picture of this fish and loved its colors. The book was about freshwater plants and didnt even say anything about the fish showen in the pictures. But I asked one of the associates and they told me with confidence what it was. Maybe thats why I am having such a hard time with the search.

Barbie

Fishaholic
Try a search for German Blue Rams, Microgeophagus ramirezi, and see if any of the pictures match the fish you're thinking of. Fish are marketed by wholesalers with names to make them appealing and easy to remember, which in turn can cause confusion for hobbyists. They don't usually reclassify fish because there is a strain that's been specifically bred in any one location though *grin* and I'm pretty sure they are still from South America :)

Barbie

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store