rcs help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bettabrat

AC Members
Feb 2, 2009
CT
crays

OK time for some off topic rambling...

hey hows your marmorkrebs doing?
I owe you some pictures :evil_lol:

They are just awesome! When I got them 1 molted seriously like right after they went in the tank and the other ate the molted ones shell...I think that is why 1 is quite a bit smaller than the other. Anyway the one who molted first molted a few days later for a second time...weird? I've been feeding Ken's invert sticks w/calcium just so I know they are getting enough (just in case they decide to share one anothers exoskeleton again :headshake2:) They also get shrimp pellets, and algae wafers, earthworm sticks and color enhancing bits (they hate the color bits) So at the moment one is rather large 1.5-2" and the other is tiny compaired to it....probably the same size as when I got it. *shrug*

They get along fine, I even put 2 male RCS, 1 guppy fry and a ramshorn in with them to see how they'd fair. Well I must say these are the most peaceful crays I've ever had! They could careless about the shrimp, or the snail and the guppy stays near the top. They have not torn up plants yet but do like to climb them. One has made a large pc of lava rock his home and the other an old pvc pipe. They don't dig much other then to burrow under the large rock. I'm unsure if they don't care for the sand I have in with them or what. Only time I see any "issues" is at feeding time, one likes to hoard all the food. Silly crays. I adore them they were a nice purchase indeed :thm: I have to say thank you again.

End off topic rambling :evil_lol:

So yeah with all that said it's aweful to hear about your crays. Keep up with the WC's, keep the heat up and keep an eye on them. Hopefully with a couple heavy WC's all that nasty chemical will fade away. Thankfully legs grow back for the ones who got beat up in the process.

smokin

AC Members
Jan 27, 2009
palmyra pa
thanks guys. and yea there awsome. too bad ones bully the other.ive noticed the eat some ramshorn. i kept afew in with mine. so they can eat the babies. but some tthey break the shells tilll they get to the snail. post some pic up sometime. hopefully you get babies really soon

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store