Re-introducing myself

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

irishspy

There is a stargate in my aquarium.
Howdy!

I was an active member here a few years ago and, now that I can once again have aquariums, I thought I should reintroduce myself. I've been lurking for a little bit and I'm happy to see some names I recognize, but sad that a few other accounts have gone apparently gone dormant. I'm looking forward to making new friends who share the aquarium bug, though. :)

I'm easing myself back into the hobby, starting with a 20L freshwater, planted, probably South American. Haven't even got that one set up yet, and I'm already thinking of another, larger one. That's what empty wall space is for, right? :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, that "once again" bit. Until a little over a year ago, I was living in an apartment complex that allowed small tanks. That is until some moron in another apartment thought it would be okay to sneak in his 75g... which soon sprang a leak and caused a lot of damage, including to the apartment under him. Management went reactionary and banned all aquariums, with no "grandfathering." So, with no tanks, I gradually stopped hanging around AC. :(

But, now I'm in a place with more civilized management, and the tank will soon be set up and cycling. I'm really looking forward to getting back into the swing of things, fish-wise. :D

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Welcome back! Good to see another familiar name as I am also just getting back into AC.

irishspy

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Blast from the past. Welcome back

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
Welcome back! Good to know you've got the bug again. A build thread would be great...no pressure.
:D

Mark

smitty

AC Members
Jul 8, 2004
Yeadon, Pennsylvania USA
Real Name
Jeffrey Smith
Camera Used
Olympus FE-370; Sony HDR-CX580
Welcome back.

irishspy

irishspy

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome back!

irishspy

Thanks, Bob. Good to see you again, too. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store