Re-purposing a generic hang-on-tank filter....

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Native American

Just Another Flying Fish
Apr 25, 2005
Altus, OK
Each of my daughters had a Walmart 10-gallon tank with a little hang-on-tank filter when they were in grade school.

Girls are in HS and college, and we've gotten rid of most of that gear, but a couple of the filters remained. Wife has a LOT of rescue cats, and they all like to drink running water from the faucet.

They love this. Water consumption is up (judging by clumps in the litter boxes), good for feline kidney health.

20210705_190200.jpg

Warrior-Lady

AC Members
Jul 3, 2021
UK
Each of my daughters had a Walmart 10-gallon tank with a little hang-on-tank filter when they were in grade school.

Girls are in HS and college, and we've gotten rid of most of that gear, but a couple of the filters remained. Wife has a LOT of rescue cats, and they all like to drink running water from the faucet.

They love this. Water consumption is up (judging by clumps in the litter boxes), good for feline kidney health.

View attachment 230113
Brilliant idea for them and always fresh when needed ?

Native American

Just Another Flying Fish
Apr 25, 2005
Altus, OK
Yes, ma'am. They really are drinking are lot more water than before.

Previously, we had a pretty big, round plastic bowl of water more suitable for a big dog. I did not have to refill it nearly as much as the current setup, which the cats seem to appreciate.

NA

• Love
Reactions: Warrior-Lady

Warrior-Lady

AC Members
Jul 3, 2021
UK
Yes, ma'am. They really are drinking are lot more water than before.

Previously, we had a pretty big, round plastic bowl of water more suitable for a big dog. I did not have to refill it nearly as much as the current setup, which the cats seem to appreciate.

NA
Well i think it's a brilliant idea ?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store