rearranged my tank, what do you think?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

m8r8j

AC Members
Aug 16, 2010
i currently have 5 baby convicts (im trying to get a breeding pair) and a raphael cat in here (getting a BN pleco soon) and thats it... so i decided to throw in a couple flower pots today one is 5.5" do you think that is big enough for 2 full grown convicts to spawn in???

anyways heres a pic (still a little couldy)
photobqv.jpg

photobqv.jpg

Fozzybear

wocka wocka wocka!
Mar 16, 2011
Alaska
Real Name
Ellis
The following is a personal opinion of Fozzybear: I like my tanks to look like they've had as little contact with humanity as possible...is there anyway to make an equally effective breeding habitat for your convicts out of rock? If not, what about coating the pots with silicone and rolling them around in matched substrate, or maybe stones. Also, i always burn up heaters when i have them like that, i never remember to put them down during water changes. Henceforth i always put those horizontally along the substrate at the back or side of the tank where it is somewhat hidden.

m8r8j

AC Members
Aug 16, 2010
i have everything on a power strip, so i kill power to everything before a wc

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
do you think that is big enough for 2 full grown convicts to spawn in???
Idk, but if an airplane bathroom is for adults, then I think that a pot is big enough for a couple of fish. Dont you think they would want to be pointed the other way?

mitch531

Registered Member
Aug 3, 2011
Also, i always burn up heaters when i have them like that, i never remember to put them down during water changes. Henceforth i always put those horizontally along the substrate at the back or side of the tank where it is somewhat hidden.
same here.

Last edited:

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Geez, that looks nice! any 2 f & m convicts should be good to breed in that set up, I don't think they're all that fussy...(think rabbits of the cichlid world). What size tank? A pair & their offspring will over populate anything short of a 55g ASAP...plan ahead!

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Need maor plants! :D

It's a very nice set up, pots and all. It had better be 55+ gallons, or those Convicts will wipe the tank out after a few spawnings.

ESOXLUCIOUSS

AC Members
Nov 19, 2005
Dublin Ireland
lovely thank but why convicts. they are just like gremlins..just add water. my first breeding egg laying fish. would u not try something harder. u will have fry coming out ur ears and no one will take them. what about bns or corys great thank for either. just adsds more vegatation. but best of luck what ever u decide

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store