Recipes Thread--where do we want to go?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

nursie

AC Members
Jan 15, 2005
Peoria, IL
Real Name
michelle
Go for it. I did a cookbook for work a few years ago and was able to get the price pretty cheap by having more than one recipe/page. I stuck with the comb binding, and used colored paper as opposed to cardstock for divider pages, and card stock for the front and back covers to help keep the price down. I think I ended up with a 70~75 pg book.
You will need to figure postage also. I always want extras of this kind of thing. I give them as gifts.

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Can I suggest/request that someone compile a list of the recipes..

it'd be easier to add a few if we knew what had come before..

If nobody else feels interested, I'll do it sometime toniught..

Leopardess

Everything's eventual.
Aug 13, 2003
New Hampshire Seacoast Area
Visit site
I can add more later. Too much to do right now, but I do have a couple.

sumthin fishy

I eat spam
Aug 22, 2005
central california
Real Name
mike
dougall said:
Can I suggest/request that someone compile a list of the recipes..

it'd be easier to add a few if we knew what had come before..

If nobody else feels interested, I'll do it sometime toniught..
Good call doug, if we were feeling really industrious, we could have folks add thier variation on the same recipies if no one would object to that. For example I dont know how anyone could drink a martini with VODKA and olives!!! Gin with a twist is the way to go ;)

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
101 it is...And I don't know that it matter much if there are some recipe variations, I think it would be cool. I'll end up migrating everything into a database anyway, so I can sort things easier, etc...I did one for my work not too long ago, and I don't recall how many pages it was, but we ended up being able to sell them for about $7 each, which covered all the costs plus some. I did it pretty much the same way Nursie decribed, though I splurged and had them coil bound so they'd lay flat better. The title of the other one was 101 Ways to Win Friends and Influence at the G&F...we had some 'goofy' recipes too, like the full routine one employee would go through to make dinner for his family of 5, including the fights about veggies, and ending up ordering a pizza. :)

Last edited:

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
sumthin fishy said:
Good call doug, if we were feeling really industrious, we could have folks add thier variation on the same recipies if no one would object to that. For example I dont know how anyone could drink a martini with VODKA and olives!!! Gin with a twist is the way to go ;)
It has to be garlic stuffed olives..

ultimately you end up with bologna breath.. and some chicks dig that ;)

mermaiden78

AC Members
Oct 23, 2005
Mobile Alabama
Real Name
Dana
Here ya go Nursie!!!!! CINNAMON-PANCAKES
Serves 6; 2 pancakes per serving
3/4 cup all-purpose flour

2 tablespoons wheat germ

1 cup whole-wheat flour

2 teaspoons baking powder

1 tablespoon sugar

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 cup skim milk

1/4 cup fresh orange juice

Egg substitute equivalent to 1 egg

1 teaspoon grated fresh orange peel

Vegetable oil spray

In a medium mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients and mix until well blended.

In another medium bowl, combine all liquid ingredients and orange peel.

Stir to mix well.

Pour liquid ingredients mixture into dry ingredients and stir only until moistened.

Preheat griddle or skillet for pancakes. Spray lightly with vegetable oil spray.

For each pancake, pour 1/4 cup of batter onto griddle or skillet. Turn each pancake when edges are dry and bubbles appear on top. Serve hot.

Calories: 171
Protein: 7 g
Carbohydrates: 34 g
Total Fat: 1 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 0 g
Monounsaturated Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 1 mg
Sodium: 140 mg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com