Red Clot patterns on my fish please help!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lillyan

AC Members
Jan 26, 2010
Culpeper, VA
How much is he being fed each time? If he isn't getting bloated and eats all the food, it's ok.
But that also means you need to change the water out 50% 2x a week. Which, you should be doing anyway. The Koi needs to find a pond and the other two need a 55 or larger.
Filter should always be on.

Water looks like the tank is cycling again, so small daily water changes are needed. You also need an API Master test kit to find out when the cycle is done and you can go back to 50% weekly changes.

rajdeeprath

AC Members
Jul 17, 2012
1. I read a book on aquarium that recycling is good - do i still need to change water frequently ?
2. There is no API Master test kit available locally. - should i try to get one from amazon ??
3. I guess as for the pond, i have to find a alternate habitat for my koi then cause there wont be any ponds here near my house. Thats so sad :(
4. What can i do to ensure good water conditions without having to replace water in less than 2 weeks ??

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
1. I read a book on aquarium that recycling is good - do i still need to change water frequently ?
2. There is no API Master test kit available locally. - should i try to get one from amazon ??
3. I guess as for the pond, i have to find a alternate habitat for my koi then cause there wont be any ponds here near my house. Thats so sad :(
4. What can i do to ensure good water conditions without having to replace water in less than 2 weeks ??
1.Yes
2.Yes
3.Yes
4.Don't feed the fish. It will work for a while but you'll eventually run into problems.

There is no getting around water changes. If you don't like doing them, Goldfish are a really bad idea. Very messy fish that need clean water to live in.

Kaosu

AC Members
Oct 22, 2010
Washington State
Thank you very much .. all of you .. it really helped. In 24 hours my fish are back to normal and are happy !! :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYH3E9ig2MM

I would like to make a contribution to this website , but i dont know whom to contact regarding it.
your welcome..keep up on the water changes 50% WEEKLY every week don't miss,

please re home the Koi..they are to big and he is already out growing your tank it will only cause more problems with waste build up, you should be ok with the two gold fish. ..the koi needs a very large pond.

jayla2251

AC Members
Jul 1, 2012
Wichita, KS
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Jayla
Yeah, I had 3 goldfish in a 45ish tank and I had to do 30-40% water changes every other day to keep ammonia down.

Goldfish are not easy. And I agree, the koi need a pond.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store