Red Empress & Yellow Lab spawning..

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kev82

AC Members
Apr 16, 2001
www.fishfiles.org
I just stripped 2x Red Empress (Protomelas Taeniolatus) females and 1x Yellow lab (Labidochromis Caerulus) female.
Here is the happy crowd [:)]

Here's the Red Empress male: (picture taken last september)

And one of the females (lousy picture..):

This was a total of 91 fry, including 16 Yellow Lab.

Ozalie

AC Members
Aug 31, 2002
Minnesota
congradulations !! Your red express male is beatiful.

kev82

AC Members
Apr 16, 2001
www.fishfiles.org
It's basically just picking the fish up, opening its mouth (via sticking a fingernail between its lips or such) and pouring the fry into a bucket or something filled with water :)

Requires a few times to get the hang of it, but soon you get the hang of it and the fish are happy to get rid of the fry :)

Mine were begging for food and greeting my an hour after I stripped them :)

Ozalie

AC Members
Aug 31, 2002
Minnesota
I'm wondering if you would be interested in selling/shipping some of your fry? Around here the stores don't sell anything of great interest , it took awhile to get my yellow labs and electric blues!
I really like the red empress and I think my set-up would work.

Ozalie

AC Members
Aug 31, 2002
Minnesota
Finally someone willing to ship some fish and thier in anothor country! Should have noticed that.....thanks for responding though.

Ozalie

AC Members
Aug 31, 2002
Minnesota
:rolleyes: not in northern Minnesota.we have to drive 2 hours just to find a decent store,and as far as I know there is no fish store in the whole state,that is,if you want heathly fish!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store