Red Lotus

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

lionhead

AC Members
Jul 14, 2008
I have had 2 red lotus in my tank for some time, an they have been beautiful. Now they are staring to fade, My question, should I pull then from the tank an dry them for sometime, or just leave them alone. Have gottin alot of diffenant answers from friends and my local pet shop...What do ya think ?? Thanks....

03 24 2010 007.JPG

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
ime the lotus does great under low lighting also. iron may be something to consider though.

looks like you've got some tufts of bba setting in. i'd make sure my filters and exposed gravel was clean, my circulation was adequate and my ferts and possibly co2 were on par with my lighting/plant mass.

it does not seem as if you have any plants in there that would actually need co2 unless your lighting calls for it.

that lotus may actually need some shade believe it or not.

tbonedeluxe

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Chicago,Il
A root tab right underneath the lotus may help also.
I believe they are root feeders too.
There also good for your swords. ;-)

lionhead

AC Members
Jul 14, 2008
Thanks for all of your replys, bba is taken care of with Excell, lighting 260 watts, I do fert with API Leaf Zone once a week, an I will start with API Root Tabs with iron. As for my substrate, I use First Layer Pure Laterite also by API. I had goldfish prior to a planted tank, didn't want to throw away 150lbs of gravel, was able to mix 1st layer with the gravel....Thanks for all your help..

geekpryde

AC Members
Dec 30, 2008
Maine, USA
I have had 2 red lotus in my tank for some time, an they have been beautiful. Now they are staring to fade, My question, should I pull then from the tank an dry them for sometime, or just leave them alone. Have gottin alot of diffenant answers from friends and my local pet shop...What do ya think ?? Thanks....
I think is still looks pretty, I may need to get me one of those.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store