Red worms coming out of fish anus

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

To3kn33

AC Members
Jul 3, 2010
London
Real Name
Tony
All gone now, keep checking regularly and I have enough left over just in case.... Those things were vile!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

bgourami320

AC Members
Jun 13, 2010
Brooklyn,NY
Real Name
Bonnie
Ewwwww, never new fish could get worms like that! We use pancure for the dogs, cats,
but never saw that in fish. Glad it's all cleared up for you, that must have been crazy to
see them sticking out of your fish!

To3kn33

AC Members
Jul 3, 2010
London
Real Name
Tony
Quick update, the Meds have worked brilliantly and I haven't seen anymore worms at all. Still got enough for another dose for the tank incase they return but the two applications have done the job.

Jannika

MTS Survivor
Mar 17, 2010
N. California
So glad to hear it, Tony. Thanks for the update. I can't remember if you said, but do you know which fish brought them in? I ask because I'm also dealing with Callamanus, AGAIN, even though the last fish I bought were some platies several months ago. I've heard that livebearers are especially prone. If I ever buy them again I may just de-worm them in quarantine.

To3kn33

AC Members
Jul 3, 2010
London
Real Name
Tony
It was Bolivian rams that brought them in. :eek:( they didn't survive

jhb fish guy

Registered Member
Jul 29, 2017
hi there, i know this is a old thread but i seem to have same problem with my breeding pairs of angels. im gonna look if i can find the meds you used here in south africa but can you remember maybe how you dosed or administered it still? thanks man

erichK

Registered Member
Apr 22, 2006
Hello,
I'm in saskatoon Canada, and just discovered almost exactly the same ugly state, including the prolapse on the survivor of a pair of Boliviam Rams. The other was dead a couple of days ago with a red anus. Am also concerned about dosage, as its only a 15 gallon tank, but beautifully planted, with half a dozen corys and a nice small pleco in it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store