Get Your MonsterFishKeepers Cap

Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

1. Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Reintroduction

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by spudjnr123, Sep 18, 2012.

1. spudjnr123

spudjnr123 AC Members

Taylor
    Wednesday at 9:54 AM
    Taylor
    Camera Used:
    Nikon D610
    Hey everyone, This is Taylor, aka spudjnr123, returning with a different profile and after a looooooong hiatus almost 2 years off the forum and without an aquarium! :O (I was doing a lot of cross country moving). But now, I return and reintroduce myself.

I have been keeping aquariums for about 12 years now, since I was a young kid of 12. Started out stupidly with the overstocked ten gallon with just about every no-no fish I could find from bichirs to cichlids to angels, all with success (i didn't kill them, I just moved them to a new home when they got to big) although I'm sure with permanent morphological damage (Hey I was young). From there I moved to biotopes, which is where I am going to pick up on. I started with a Northern South America stream biotope with a mating pair of Blue Rams and a small school of 5 neons, this ended disastrously when I left the rather delicate and tempermental rams in the hands of a negligent keeper who did not monitor levels and temp in the middle of winter. Then moved on to a beautiful neolamprologus multifasciatus family which was actually given to me by *CRIM* who used to frequent these boards and sell her multis. They lasted until my move from college, at which point I gave up tanks for a while to move around the US chasing job offers.

Now I live in North Central Washington among the mountains, and am looking to create an invasive/keepable natives (I have special permits, yay!) biotope for my office (I'm a salmon biologist). I plan on having a young (hopefully <1yr) brookie be the centerpiece of a 24 gallon chilled tank. The tank may contain 3 or 4 long-nosed dace, and a sculpin or two, all depending on size and availability.

So that's me and my plans in a nutshell!

2. Rbishop

Rbishop ...and over the edge.
    Staff Member

Mr. Normal
    Yesterday at 11:55 AM
    Mr. Normal
    Welcome back!

3. Fish_Bone

Fish_Bone AC Members

Samual
    Nov 20, 2015
    Samual
    Glad to see you return to the forum, nice to meet you!

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

4. spudjnr123

spudjnr123 AC Members

Taylor
    Taylor
    Camera Used:
    Nikon D610
    Thanks for the welcome back!!

5. spudjnr123

spudjnr123 AC Members

Taylor
    Taylor
    Camera Used:
    Nikon D610
    Reintroducing myself! Been off forum for about a year. Now living in Vacaville, CA. Pretty stable and finally building a dream tank Vietnam Hillstream Biotope in a 75g! Suggestions welcome

FreshyFresh likes this.
  6. Rbishop

Rbishop ...and over the edge.
    Staff Member

Mr. Normal
    Yesterday at 11:55 AM
    Mr. Normal
    Ditto Welcome to AC!

7. tanker

tanker Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!

Jessica
    Yesterday at 10:31 PM