Removing salt/scale from aquarium glass

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Crown Royal

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
No "Oxyclean" is the same thing you in Australia (and we in North America) call hydrogen peroxide. It's simply in a stabilized powdered form as opposed to the liquid form everyone is used to seeing.

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Wow.. oldest thread bump I have ever seen. Thread started in 2003 and last post before today was 2006.. 3 years ago! LOL.

Just use vinegar to clean the tank... safest and still one of the easiest methods to clean a empty tank.

VivaLaVics

*blub bubble*
Oct 3, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.myspace.com
Just poor it over the glass and let it bubble then scrub a little.

USE ONLY ON AN EMPTY TANK. lol.

Wendy2724

Registered Member
Apr 20, 2016
Marc Russo, I am trying to get ahold of you. Please email from another email other than the one Steve checks because I don't think he's giving you my information. I have asked him multiple times to speak with you. This is concerning a product I ordered from your company in February that I have not received and have not been refunded. My email is wendy2724@yahoo.com

Kaliska

AC Members
Dec 6, 2015
2003, 2006, 2009, 2016.. lol It is a somewhat useful thread though. I have some tanks that sat a long time in amazingly hard water and vinegar isn't enough. Peroxide should be harmless unless too much undiluted liquid or powder gets in water that has or will contain live fish. Although the powder version is not just pure hydrogen peroxide. That doesn't work chemically. It is sodium percarbonate and breaks down to also produce soda ash which is similar to baking soda.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
At least you looked at the dates while reading. Yes, good ideas, but many years apart.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store