Rena XP3

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

davidtcb1

AC Members
Aug 20, 2004
Nashville TN area
The idea is to prevent a downward loop in the tubing. In other words, when the filter primes, you don't want water to not fall back into the filter which it may not do if you kept the full length of tubing on there.

bert

ENJOYING THE HIGH DESERT OF NEVADA
Nov 2, 2003
NEVADA
www.truckflix.com
I see. If i use the full lengths, i will make sure there is no droop. I just thought distance would slow down the correct water pressure.

OldMan47

I love my endlers
Jan 1, 2008
Central Illinois
Having too much hose will slow the flow a bit and can make the filter not prime itself. The right length definitely works better than trying to drape the hose and avoid creating problems.
Different tube lengths is not a problem. I have one set up with the suction at one end of my 120 and the return at the other end. The hose pieces that I cut off were about a foot on one connection and about 7 or 8 inches on the other end. The filter has worked fine with those different lengths for 4 years now.

davidtcb1

AC Members
Aug 20, 2004
Nashville TN area
Having too much hose will slow the flow a bit and can make the filter not prime itself. The right length definitely works better than trying to drape the hose and avoid creating problems.
Different tube lengths is not a problem. I have one set up with the suction at one end of my 120 and the return at the other end. The hose pieces that I cut off were about a foot on one connection and about 7 or 8 inches on the other end. The filter has worked fine with those different lengths for 4 years now.
I agree...I would not have the extra 6-12" on those tubes unless that's what the setup of the tank requires based on where you have your filter and in/outputs. You'll find that the filter primes much easier this way.

bert

Nov 2, 2003
NEVADA
www.truckflix.com
If I need to use the full length it will be because it will have to reach and be no slack. the stand/tank is about 5 ft. long and to avoid having the filter sit in the center which will make it annoying to have to reach in from 1 side and pull it sideways to get it through the cabinet double doors. i have 2 sets of dbl doors with a divider between the 2 sets. the filter would have to go behind that divider, now, if i put it to one side in front of one of the doors, 1 hose could be shorter and the other one would have to reach all the way to the other end. I am thinking the short hose should be the INTAKE hose am i right ?

tonytheboss1

AC Members
May 16, 2006
N.Y.C.
Real Name
TONY
If I need to use the full length it will be because it will have to reach and be no slack. the stand/tank is about 5 ft. long and to avoid having the filter sit in the center which will make it annoying to have to reach in from 1 side and pull it sideways to get it through the cabinet double doors. i have 2 sets of dbl doors with a divider between the 2 sets. the filter would have to go behind that divider, now, if i put it to one side in front of one of the doors, 1 hose could be shorter and the other one would have to reach all the way to the other end. I am thinking the short hose should be the INTAKE hose am i right ?
;) It can work either way depending on which (in / out) you choose to mount farthest from the 'can'. I chose not to spread mine cause I have 2 XP's. As for the lever problem, the only thing I can think of is possibly not 'seating' properly. "T"

bert

Nov 2, 2003
NEVADA
www.truckflix.com
I guess the outflow would not change because that hose is a longer it should flow the same as it would if it were shorter, i hope.

tonytheboss1

AC Members
May 16, 2006
N.Y.C.
Real Name
TONY
:) No noticeable difference in flow (I've had it both ways at different times) It does take a tad bit longer on start-up if the inlet hose is longer (more water required to fill hose for syphon to begin) but once it's flowing, IT'S FLOWING!! "T"

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store