rescaping my 10 gallon.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
ugh!! it was 30 dollars on the site. so 5 dollars over. i dont see why you need to pay priority shipping for dryed goods. i think i might can find alot of this stuff at memfish(my lfs) they had ALOT of plant ferts and such last time i was there. what exactly should i look for?

livebearerfreak

you are hypnotized! LOL
May 31, 2005
fairchild wi 54741
Real Name
douglas harvey
actually that sponge filter is just fine for that tank..
Looks very.. bleh... Scrub off that algae.

That sponge filter is too big for that small of a tank, a HOB would be best.

That plant is getting sucked up like crazy also, I would do a HOB filter,

Scatter the rocks out a bit, put the small plants around the rocks, and the big ones opposite side of the inlet for the HOB filter.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
should i still go with the other CFLs? the lights i have(the link) are daylight CFLs but i dont think there as high wattage.

HalfFrozen

AC Members
Oct 3, 2011
Real Name
Drew
actually that sponge filter is just fine for that tank..
I am saying that it looks huge, and takes up too much room in such a small tank. I am sure its rated for bigger tanks. Just saying.. its size.. if they OP is going for a nice aquascape, he would be better off with a HOB.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
would it be good enough to squeeze the spong filter into the new filter to seed it? i wont have fish in it for probably a week or more.

homedog98

AC Members
Jul 19, 2011
Ga
mytankbuilds1.webs.com
Real Name
Lauren
Can't answer your question, but it might be a good idea to plant along the back now while your plants are small. It also might encourage them to grow as well... I've noticed plants tend to get taller when they're competing for light. But I'm no plant expert lol... So by no means hold me to this. I'm sorry your having so much trouble.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store