RIP BGK

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

myang07

AC Members
Sep 25, 2008
Blaine, MN
www.myspace.com
Serious? WOW! No more BGK's from there then...they're not cheap either. I have one, and man they grow kinda quick on ya. As for future care references...yes, hiding spots/caves are a MUST with BGK's. For feeding, I suggest dropping in frozen bloodworms/beefheart in when you turn off the lights for the day in your tank. That's when they're the most active and feed best. Once the lights go out on my tank, mine just shoots out from it's forest of plants and roams for food all night. Sometimes I forget I have one since I never see it (that being said, the less you see your BGK during the day, the better for it).

rcaterin1

Hmmm.. What to say
Jan 12, 2006
edmonton,alberta
Serious? WOW! No more BGK's from there then...they're not cheap either. I have one, and man they grow kinda quick on ya. As for future care references...yes, hiding spots/caves are a MUST with BGK's. For feeding, I suggest dropping in frozen bloodworms/beefheart in when you turn off the lights for the day in your tank. That's when they're the most active and feed best. Once the lights go out on my tank, mine just shoots out from it's forest of plants and roams for food all night. Sometimes I forget I have one since I never see it (that being said, the less you see your BGK during the day, the better for it).
Thanks for the advice... the sad this is when i got the first one they had quite a few..then yesterday when i picked up a replacement they only had mine plus one other... some people are not going to be happy... and yes they are quite pricey.. 35 bucks for me

13enzene

AC Members
Oct 16, 2008
Wow that is pricey. I was looking at one before I found out how long they get and they were only about $15.

myang07

AC Members
Sep 25, 2008
Blaine, MN
www.myspace.com
Thanks for the advice... the sad this is when i got the first one they had quite a few..then yesterday when i picked up a replacement they only had mine plus one other... some people are not going to be happy... and yes they are quite pricey.. 35 bucks for me
Wow, that's kinda pricey...I picked up mine for 13bucks at my LFS, and I know of all places, Petsmart stocks them at like 20bucks. They are awesome fish though, probably my fav in my tank right now.

rcaterin1

Hmmm.. What to say
Jan 12, 2006
edmonton,alberta
well i got mine at pjs pets ( in canada if you are not familiar) and i wasnt surprised that they would have fish for 2 or 3 times the price as some were else... for instance i was just there this morning.. neon tetras - 2.88 plus GST... and that was a salw price with no warrenty...

In any case.... they didnt have anymore ghosts and i wasnt sure i would want to try another one from there anyway.... they were way to weak... found this one stuck to the intake (intake also has a nylon sock over it to reduce flow and i turned down the flow to minimum setting)... anyways i ended up with 6 blue congos... they are very nice... but they refused to sell me some phantoms they had....the ones from their show tank ( the ones in the "regular" tank had ich) but i wanted the show ones.... bad business not selling me those fish :D...

13enzene

AC Members
Oct 16, 2008
lol if they pay, give 'em away. They are in the business to make money so I don't see why they wouldn't sell them to you. Idiots if you ask me.

rcaterin1

Hmmm.. What to say
Jan 12, 2006
edmonton,alberta
lol if they pay, give 'em away. They are in the business to make money so I don't see why they wouldn't sell them to you. Idiots if you ask me.
My sentiments exactly... i asked why i couldnt have the ones from the show tank.. and she said cause they my nicest ones and they are for show... i told her yes... thats why i want them.... she could have easily sold them to me and take some the others (after their ich was all gone and put them in the tank)... These guys were so nice... their color was really developed they looked hardy... i want them dammit =D.... oh well... ill just go somewhere else...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store