RO DI Issues -_-'

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jody

AC Members
Jul 28, 2010
Newfoundland, Canada
your membrane is not seating proper or damage to the O Rings or sealing surface

on your membrane there should be two small O rings on one end and that inserts first ( if i remember right) you need to push that in and allow for the two o rings to mate with the sealing surface inside the canister, you should feel some resistance when the O rings start to seal at that point you well need to push it in another 1/2 inch or so , The nipple with the O rings on the membrane has to slot into a tube as such, On the other end of your membrane the end with the thread on the canister there should be a seal or some kinda of rubber ring that apart of the membrane and that seals the other end of the canister and the threaded cap holds it in place.

I am thinking your membrane is not inserted in all the way

This is all from memory and cant say what i just said is all true :)

your carbon filter well remove chlorine and if you have chlormain you well need a chlormain filter both are bad for your membrane

you can find out from your water dept.

Last edited:

Jody

AC Members
Jul 28, 2010
Newfoundland, Canada
is this membrane similar to yours ? if so make sure both ends are sealed good

T2114 Membrane TFC Reverse Osmosis Membrane.jpg

T2114 Membrane TFC Reverse Osmosis Membrane.jpg

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
is this membrane similar to yours ? if so make sure both ends are sealed good

View attachment 189333
Thats the exact modle. I now need to go and once again manage to pull that out and replace it inside the container part. I'll see if there are any changes...

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Well, guess what? It won't come off. I've pretty much given up on the entire unit at this point and may ask for a replacement membrane and canister part and see what happens... I didn't even have it on all that tight, it just won't unscrew now...so I'm incapable of removing the membrane. And yes, I used a wrench. Didn't work any more then my hands...

Jody

AC Members
Jul 28, 2010
Newfoundland, Canada
You can try and pour warm to hot water over the threaded area that should loosen it up some and make sure there is no pressure inside the canister that well also keep the threads tight

if you can send the unit back and get the refund just tell them its not working out for you

and get this one, This is the unit i have and it comes fully assembled and had it for two years now and works great , Im not knocking corlife but you payed more then you need just for the name

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/75-gpd-ro-di-5-stage-standard-system.html

or you can build your own system

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store/build-your-own-ro-system.html

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Well, I had a gift certificate for F&S, so I used it to buy this. I suppose I'll have to refund it now, but before I give up on it entirely I'll try the warm water method. As for price, **** that's cheap, and 5 stage! I also noticed a 6 stage delux for about the same price as the basic 4 stage :shakehead: I'll be seeing what I can find there, but the one you linked is out of stock. Ah well, I see a different one that is still cheaper then the corallife one. I'll get my money back if I can't manage to open up the corallife tonight.

Cheetos

AC Members
Jan 29, 2011
Sounds like you got a defective unit! You would be better off getting one with a DI canister as well.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Yep. I'm returning the unit ASAP, probs gonna spend the money on a cheaper unit that works twice as well. Bet I'll get the gift certificate back, so I'll have to see if it works on Live Aquaria as well as F&S.

Jody

AC Members
Jul 28, 2010
Newfoundland, Canada
I hope it all works out for you

also do you know what your TDS is is from your tap if its 200 or less the RO if working right it well bring that down to 3-4 TDS and the DI unit well bring to 0 TDS

so is the DI unit really needed ? My TDS from my RO is 3 so i don't even use my DI anymore

TDS meter is a must so you can monitor you membranes health and also a back flush kit is a good add on and very cheap if not already installed

Good Luck

Arakkis

AC Members
Apr 7, 2008
SJ Cali
I usually buy mine from a hydroponics shop, its cheaper for the same thing

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store