RODI WATER storage

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

heedicus

aqua-nerd in training
Dec 23, 2001
Boise, ID
www.skijor.bravepages.com
Hello all,
So I am in need of help.
I am trying to figure out a way to store my rodi water convienently and accessable. I have a 100gpd rodi with the hose attachment. would it be possible too...
somehow attach to my house's water main? I am going to have an auto topoff (10 gallon aquarium) resivour with a float swith that turns on a small powerhead that will shoot water into the sump? Is that a bad idea? I fear flooding in my den where my aquarium is.

I have one of those big livestock watering buckets, it is 100 gallons i think. Is there any way i can store the water in there without it getting contaminated with dirt ect?
how does everyone store their water?????
thanks,
tren

slipknottin

the original legend
Jan 13, 2002
CT
Real Name
Connor
i know of a few people that use the RO/DI on 24/7 and use it to fill large barrels like "brine barrels" or rubbermaid garbage cans (35 gallons)

I see no problem with the setup, even if the float valve did stop working (which isnt likely) youd probably only spill a couple gallons before you noticed.

There are little sensors you can buy that will detect any water spill and could alert you, or with a little actuated valve, could close off the water flow.

You might want to consider using a dosing pump for the tank top-off, as if you fill a large bucket with water and have it next to a tank lower than itself, your creating one heck of a siphon..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store