Rookie build

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

aquanooby

AC Members
Jul 24, 2009
columbia South carolina
Real Name
lew
Ok I looked up the
Purigen I'm gonna get some tomorrow. with me starting off with the cannister how often should i clean it ?And are we talking about just a good rinse out

aquanooby

AC Members
Jul 24, 2009
columbia South carolina
Real Name
lew
power compact i cant control the actinic and white separate

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
Ok I looked up the
Purigen I'm gonna get some tomorrow. with me starting off with the cannister how often should i clean it ?And are we talking about just a good rinse out
Once it starts looking pretty brown I take it out for a recharge, I do it about every 2 1/2 months, stick it in a container with a 1:1 water and bleach solution for 12-24 hours, rinse it out real well under the faucet then soak it again in water heavily dosed with prime(a couple teaspoons worth) for 8 about hours, rinse again then give a sniff test to make sure it has no bleach smell and its ready to go for a couple months again.

aquanooby

AC Members
Jul 24, 2009
columbia South carolina
Real Name
lew
Is it possible there is already something growing on my liverock ? It looks like five tiny tentacles clear in appearance coming from one of the holes

aquanooby

AC Members
Jul 24, 2009
columbia South carolina
Real Name
lew
No i just see tiny opaque little lines that move around there is another area that looks like that but no stalk and is so small my mr magoos cant see all that well

aquanooby

AC Members
Jul 24, 2009
columbia South carolina
Real Name
lew
if you click on the pic it will enlarge what are the green things ?

aquanooby

AC Members
Jul 24, 2009
columbia South carolina
Real Name
lew
ok and lastly every now and then i see a jet like poof of white stuff out of the back of the live rock lol what the heck could that be lol this is allso new and exciting for me ...this is bad

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store