root tab?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
Well that was sorta arrogant, but hey.

Anyways, root tabs are great for sword plants, crypts, lotus, and such. But if you don't have heavy root feeders, you can go without too.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Very nice! I'm not trying to get into p!ssing contest with you. You're very, very new here, we have no way of judging other by than what you say...as of today. Try to be a little nicer & we can all learn...& even after all my years in the hobby I can still learn new stuff, but maybe without the holier than thou attitude. Even newbs can have pretty tanks, look around...& try again to join our groups in a more supportive, less confrontational way...

Welcome to AC! We really don't play that "balls up game" here or like insults, we're mostly nice & try to be helpful...maybe you can start over? You have lots of experience, you could help too...but yours is not the only way...

Reactions: NoodleCats

Lalo J.

AC Members
Mar 8, 2020
México
Ive got about 30 aquariums - all heavily planted - no co2 - ADA aqua soil or the better deal Fluval Stratum. I breed and sell guppies , endlers and shrimp online - you can google my name. You've got me beat only been doing this for about 20 years. But look ive got to go - if i decide i have something to gain from a passive aggressive pissing match with a stranger online- ill remember to PM you C;View attachment 227928
Excellent tank, I suppose the other 29 tanks look similar, it would be great if you shared your methods, but it would be even more great if you relax a bit, regards.

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
There is something to it, though, in a couple of tanks without root tabs I was able to grow big lush swords that needed constant trimming. Not able to recreate that with the water parameters being fine, and the same substrate and lighting. For now I assume it's a species thing...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store