rosy barbs

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cacti

AC Members
May 31, 2001
Ripon, California, USA
Do these really get to be 5 or 6 in. long? How high would the body be if this long on this species? Are they tough or tender fish? Could they be in with tinfoils, Balas, 1 oscar?????:)

JamisonBWolsh

I am what I am. Defender of truth!
Nov 1, 2002
Hawaii
NO NO NO!!! I had 3 of them in my 60 gallon when I first got it and they were attacking my cories! REALLY BIG FIN NIPPERS!!!!

No to ROSY BARBS!!!!!

JamisonBWolsh

I am what I am. Defender of truth!
Nov 1, 2002
Hawaii
forgot..check out the thread on albino tinfoils.... you may get some helpfull info on themmm

cacti

AC Members
May 31, 2001
Ripon, California, USA
Yes, I did briefly check out the golden tinfoil posts.

You mention the rosy barbs were agressive towards the cories but do you think they would bully or nip big fish like on the list I gave too?:(

Pootspete

AC Members
Jul 26, 2001
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
members.tripod.com
I have 3 Rosy Barbs and 4 Tiger Barbs in my 20 gallon tall and I hope that they do not grow 5-6 inches. I understand maybe 2-3 inches.

I find that my Tiger Barbs are much more aggressive than my Rosy Barbs. I have cories in my tanks too and the Rosy Barbs do not even bother with them. On occassion the Tiger Barbs will check out the cories, but usually will leave them alone.

LindaD

AC Members
Jan 6, 2000
Ontario, Canada
I had 6 Rosy Barbs. 3 male and 3 female. For the most part they picked on each other. But occasionally they would all gang up on other fish like an angry mob.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store