Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

1. Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Rosy Red Minnow Sick?

Discussion in 'Coldwater Illness and Disease' started by MariFish, Aug 2, 2017.

1. MariFish

MariFish Registered Member

Aug 2, 2017
    I have a rosy that has had a white ball on it's fin for about 5 months now. It is not acting sick, it's actually very active. I noticed two weeks ago that it had grown another underneath it's body. I put it in a quarantine tank and treated for Ich with Kordon Rid Ich. After that didn't change anything I added Kordon Rapid Cure. Nothing has changed. I don't know what it is. None of my other fish (Angel, Danio, Pleco, Boesemani Rainbow, fat head and one other rosy) have it.
    I've attached pictures. They are not that great but you get the idea. Can anyone please tell me how to treat this?

RR1.jpg

RR.jpg

RR2.jpg

RR3.jpg

2. MariFish

MariFish Registered Member

Aug 2, 2017
    rr57.jpg rr58.jpg rr56.jpg rr55.jpg

3. Mr. Bones

Mr. Bones AC Members

Boney
    Yesterday at 5:05 PM
    Boney
    I have done a lot of weird stuff over my 30 yr. hobby, but if i really wanted to keep that fish i would catch it in a net, scrape that off with something and see what happens. Maybe add a little salt to the tank and call it good.

4. Tifftastic

Tifftastic "With your powers combined . . ."

Tiff
    Today at 10:52 AM
    Tiff
    Has the spot grown in the 5 months? It could just be some type of benign tumor. . .