Sand with gravel cleaner

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
The amount of substrate will depend on the depth you want, I had to do some conversions to figure out some of your answers in non-metric. You need to measure the length x width x depth to calculate amount of substrate.

For 1 inch of substrate= 33 pounds or 15kg
For 1.5 inches of substrate= 50 pounds or 23kg
For 2 inches of substrate= 60 pounds or 27kg

I usually use about 1 inch of substrate in my tanks but they aren't truly planted. If you will be planting with plants that have or will get large root mats, more depth can be used.

Slvikan

AC Members
Mar 22, 2020
I have bdbs and it has broken two python parts (on off switch) in four months. I love the sand but it’s the finer one. I’ll probably add the medium grade to eventually replace.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I meant the gravel, lol.

You might want to move the wood with the anubias to the left eventually & move the goat skull to the other side. You won't want the anubias to hide the view of the temple

Reactions: Linconooni

WilliamBowman

AC Members
Feb 15, 2020
4322 Forest Drive Beltsville, VA 20705
www.amoskeagfishways.org
Real Name
WilliamBowman
Jeeco Aquarium Vacuum Gravel Cleaner is nice, instead of manually starting the suction. I use this and a 5gallon bucket weekly to clean gravel/do water changes on my 55gal tank. I use the pump button and hold in rt to get the siphon started, suck up some gravel a few inches up tube, then fold or kink the hose with lft hand to stop suction and release the gravel back. Then unkink to let all the lighter nastiness float up and get sucked out.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store