Saying hello from Pembroke, MA

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

seadog927

AC Members
Apr 23, 2011
Pembroke, MA
Real Name
Mark
I am still feeling my way around and getting settled into the site. I figured the best way to get started is by letting everyone know who I am!

I am a 33 year old guy living in Pembroke, Massachusetts with my wife, my high-energy Golden Retriever (Riley), and my cat (Brady). I teach 3rd grade and also enjoy writing, having published one novel for middle readers in 2005 and currently working on a second novel. I have always been a water addict... fishing, fish tanks, scuba, snorkeling, boating, kayaking, you name it. If it involved the water or fish, I was into it. I had multiple tanks growing up and always enjoyed them. In recent years I have traveled around a bit, living in a couple different states and various apartments so having a fish tank was not really possible or practical for me as an adult. Now, I am settled back in Massachusetts again with my own home and looking to get back into the hobby. I just purchased and set up a 60 gallon, 4 foot tank... trying to cycle it (fish-less). I am very glad I found this forum so I can share ideas and get advice from experienced fish keepers as I try to do this as well as I can the first time. I am excited to be in the hobby again, and excited to be a part of this forum!

Aside from my love for all things water/fish related, I enjoy being active outdoors in general and also like to garden or landscape around my home. I love to travel when my time and budget allow for it and I am a die-hard sports fan, umbilically connected to my Boston teams. I also enjoy relaxing with a good movie, tv show, or one of my video games... again, when my schedule with life and work allows it! I know I will be devoting a little of that free time to this forum as I get going with my tank and get deeper into the hobby, but I am certainly looking forward to being a part of the community. Feel free to drop me a line if you like!

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
Welcome to the site! I highly reccomend that you check out Uncle Ned's Fish Factory, the people there are kinda creepy but there is a TON of fish there. It's out in Millis, but it's not too bad of a drive (coming from the north shore at least)

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store