Saying hello

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

joander123

what a fruitcake
Jan 12, 2007
Massachusetts
Hey all, some of you might remember me, some might not...

Looks like a lot has changed since i left (i really don't like the new layout, can i change it back or no?)

Anyways, a lot has changed in my tank as well, I now have a fairly mature 75 gallon reef tank... most everything i have in the tank is still frag size, but looks pretty good.

My Camera is waiting on batteries to arrive, but after i have batteries i can take some fresh pictures and post them up.

I'm from the Boston area, and i have to say that joining the Boston Reefers Society was one of the best career choices i have made for my tank :)

Wonder if there are any boston reefers society lurkers around here?

-Joel

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome back!

joander123

what a fruitcake
Jan 12, 2007
Massachusetts
Thanks guys =).

So it still appears that this forum is not much of a reef tank enthusiast forum... maybe i can change that.

joander123

what a fruitcake
Jan 12, 2007
Massachusetts
So... since i've been gone...

Niko changed to reefscape... catpicklesdog is now a mod, and grins is inactive... Jeesh lots can happen in a few months =).

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
So... since i've been gone...

Niko changed to reefscape... catpicklesdog is now a mod, and grins is inactive... Jeesh lots can happen in a few months =).

yes, but i am still the same cold hearted wretch ;) even though DangerDoll seems to pick on me more since i became a global mod...

Its great to have Catpicklesdog make the transition to moderator...

Thanks guys =).

So it still appears that this forum is not much of a reef tank enthusiast forum... maybe i can change that.

Well, we do like to see Aquaria Central as an aquatics enthusiast site, rather than it be dedicated one perticular area. By all means, please review the following two threads and provide us with some feedback...

How do you see Aquaria Central in the future?

Its really great to see you back here Jay, looking forward to your input again mate...

Last edited:

joander123

what a fruitcake
Jan 12, 2007
Massachusetts
Thanks niko (not sure if i should call you by your real name or not anymore since you went global =0 )

Well all i really meant when i said that this isn't such a reef enthusiast board is that if a big time reefer wants to contribute information through a board, or show off their tank, they don't seem to do it here, but rather at RC and local fish clubs. Now obviously RC can't really be competed with.. but you get what i mean.

Going into my reef club, a lot of my base knowledge was going from working in an Aquarium store, and posting/reading on this site, but getting more into reef keeping was kind of like starting from scratch.. especially with all the ideas and tactics of reef keeping constantly changing.

Just out of curiosity, as coming from this site i had no idea myself... how many people know what

"LE tyree" means?

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
limited edition steve tyree-collected/propagated corals.

wb to the forum.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store