Scarlet Gem Badis Breeding?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

llamabob

AC Members
Dec 14, 2006
www.myspace.com
I just literally caught my Scarlet Gem Badis doing the do in the leaves of my cabomba. I thought they were fighting, looked closer and the male wrapped around the female.

I read online the female should lay her eggs on leaves and the fry aren't typically eaten by other Dario Dario.

Anything else I need to know or just watch and see? Im going to put a sponge over the filter intake tomorrow.

angel fresh

AC Members
May 23, 2010
wow congratulations , donot forget the updates when the eggs hatch.

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
probably so. I would think about starting some paramecium cultures, or microworms, or even maybe bbs after awhile

llamabob

AC Members
Dec 14, 2006
www.myspace.com
Found a nice guide for cultivating micro worms, seems pretty easy. None of my local pet stores sell them, would you be willing to sell me a starter group?

llamabob

AC Members
Dec 14, 2006
www.myspace.com
Congrats and good luck. I have 11 Darios, but all males as it looks.
Thanks! Ironically I was bummed when I realized I had 2 females and a male, I only wanted males for their looks and had no interest in breeding. But now that I saw them mating it's pretty exciting and interesting. I hope it all goes well and I see fry.

shewolfgeo

AC Members
Oct 14, 2008
Eastern Kentucky
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Shandy
Thanks! Ironically I was bummed when I realized I had 2 females and a male, I only wanted males for their looks and had no interest in breeding. But now that I saw them mating it's pretty exciting and interesting. I hope it all goes well and I see fry.
I was hoping for some females so I could get a pair or two. But I do have some nice looking males.

soobie

AC Members
Apr 29, 2007
eastern oregon, USA
Real Name
Sue
Found a nice guide for cultivating micro worms, seems pretty easy. None of my local pet stores sell them, would you be willing to sell me a starter group?
Check AquaBid, there are lots of people selling starter cultures there.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store