Sexing CPO's "Mexican Dwarf Crayfish" Anyone know how? Can you tell me what I have?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jawasnack

Live plants and fish make you smile
Dec 8, 2010
Missouri
Real Name
Gary
I was told in another post on my CPO that it "looked" like male. Can anyone tell me definitively if this one is male or female from these photos? (you can enlarge them for more detail if that will help)

I was also told you can only sex them by looking at the belly/underside of them? Is that true?

Thanks for your help.

cardinal n CDP Dying 005.JPG cardinal n CDP Dying 003.JPG cardinal n CDP Dying 004.JPG cardinal n CDP Dying 002.JPG

Last edited:

jawasnack

Dec 8, 2010
Missouri
Real Name
Gary
Thanks for the fast reply Msjinkzd! I was hoping I would have to catch it and take it out of the water :(
but this little guy/gal has been pretty tuff, so a few seconds out of water I hope won't stress it out too much...

I guess just putting it in a fish bag with water in it would be the simplest way to go about it...

jawasnack

Dec 8, 2010
Missouri
Real Name
Gary
Ok, this is the best pic I could get I think it's male, but doesn't look exactly like the photos above?

CPO sexing 001.JPG

MacMyers

AC Members
Sep 14, 2010
Palm Harbor, FL
Real Name
Mac Myers
It r a male.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store