Should I get another Angelfish?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Gypsy125

AC Members
Jun 11, 2010
Santa Rosa, CA
So after years in the hobby I finally got an Angelfish and...I really really like it. He (?) is a marble and was tiny when I got him (dime size). Now he is the size of a quarter and growing fast. He is in a fully planted 29 gal with some black neons and diamond tetras. The black neons are old so I don't think they'll last much longer. Should I get him a buddy? My concern is fighting/fin nipping. He has perfect fins.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
A 29 is kind of small for 2 angels. Eventually when they get bigger, they will probably fight, unless you have a pair. I have 4 in my tank (they are faily big), they jossle, but no real damage.

Gypsy125

AC Members
Jun 11, 2010
Santa Rosa, CA
How long before they get too big for a 29 gal? I got the one I have now about 3 months ago at a dime size and he is now about the size of a quarter. Do they slow down with the growth as they get older?

TL1000RSquid

AC Members
Apr 6, 2011
NY
The single will be ok by himself, if you had multiples you would probably start seeing some squabling with in the next 2 months. They grow to mature size at a pretty steady pace.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
A doulbe edge sword here. You take good care of it== You give it good water, and good food==healthy and grows faster.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store