Should I, shouldn't I...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Cerianthus

AC Members
Jul 9, 2008
Go for it.
I would move the plate and clams off the substrate until anemone is well adjusted.
Ensure the other inverts on the rock above the anemone from falling into anemone.

Rudy

Over my head
Dec 3, 2002
MA
Visit site
Cheech - certain clowns are more likely to host certain anemones. There are several good resources on-line that list the more compatible pairings. I have a maroon for close to a year now and he will not go near any anemone, even the ones for which he is suppose to be very fond.

I ended up getting another marron clown who was aleady hosting in my LFS so when i added him to the DT he wnet right for the anemone. Good thing too. If he hadn't the bigger more establised maroon would have beat him up.

I used the same techinque with the pink skunk clown. The two adidtions ahve been very content in their respective hosts for several months now with no bullying by anyone.

Cheech

Global Moderator
Jan 13, 2000
Montreal, Canada
Thanks for the advice, Rudy...

So I went out and purchased a green bubbletip anemone. At this point, I'm not too concerned on whether or not it will host the clowns. Right now I'm concerned with where the stupid thing is placing itself.

These pictures show where I put it when I introduced it to the tank.. By that night, it managed to wedge sitelf deep inside the center rocks, with no chance of getting any light whatsoever.

After a few hours I managed to move some rocks around, and got him out of there. He's now on a different location.

Let's see where he turns up tonight.

Anyway here are some pics I took with my phone:

IMG_0257.jpg IMG_0256.jpg IMG_0253.jpg IMG_0252.jpg

Rudy

Over my head
Dec 3, 2002
MA
Visit site
Hi Cheech - I ahd a green BT anemone and it never settled in and ultiamtely died. It was one of our few casualties with our current DT. To the contrary, our Sebae as well as our Long Tentacled anemone settled in quickly and have only moved minimlally (a couple inches here or there) over the past several months.

On the bright side your new anemone looks great!

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Give it time. That individual looks mostly healthy from the pics you've shown. It is also relatively common for them to be light sensitive for a while. If it has hunkered down into a crevice, that is partially good news, however. Again, give it time and it should begin to peek out. When it does settle a bit, try feeding extra small bits of meaty foods, like silversides, mysids, etc.

nynikki

"Would you like to play a game?"
Aug 7, 2007
Phoenix
Thank you very much for the info. I think I'll go for one and see how it goes..

I've read of people sticking pictures of anemones hosting clowns on the side of their tank, which seems to knock some sense into the clown fish, making them figure out that it's the thing to do.

It seems to have worked for some people. I'll give it a try with my clowns as well.
Does this really work? LOL Clowns are some funny fish!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store