Show me pictures of your big bad cichlids

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Cylon

AC Members
Sep 12, 2005
Benton, IL
nice looking Jack do you mind if I ask you what color gravel your using? Is that Orange I see?

svtcontour

AC Members
Aug 6, 2004
Visit site
Cylon said:
nice looking Jack do you mind if I ask you what color gravel your using? Is that Orange I see?
Hi, not sure if you meant my dempsey or midnightmans... anyway mine is like redish slate colour gravel. Its natural gravel from Big Als.

Cylon

AC Members
Sep 12, 2005
Benton, IL
You and midnightmans both have real nice looking JDs.
Did you get them with that much color or will mine pick up more color with age?

svtcontour

AC Members
Aug 6, 2004
Visit site
Mine was much smaller when I picked him up and he was much more black/grey. It took at least a good year before he got to about 5" and started to get as dark as he is. Also I find their colour to be darkest and nicest when they are the master of their domain :)

midnightmadman

AC Members
Dec 21, 2005
Mine is about 4 years old. I bought him when he was tiny. About 1 1/2 inches!
I waited and waited and he slowley grew..
They seem to be slow growers, but now he is about 9-10 inches!

The convict is in the very bottom right corner of the picture. He is about 2 years old

Cylon

AC Members
Sep 12, 2005
Benton, IL
Can we see your betta?

llee24

AC Members
Dec 4, 2005
Nice Jack

svtcontour, nice jack. I use to have jacks and two batches of fryes, but i got too big for my 29 gallon so i gave them to my local pet store in exchange for kois. The first batch of fries i didn't know they are eggs and when i was cleaning the tank it got sucked up. Then with the second batch they were little things swimming. It was my first time having to breed them. I have no clue what todo. Before the fryes i had been feeding them feeder fishes.. and it can become costly....

If i can find some old pictures of them i will post it up.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store