Show some love to artificial plants

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
Not bad in any way...but real plants, even just a few, help with water quality & fish health...what's not to like about real plants?
Nothings not to like about real, I just want to see and show what can be done with artificial
Happy New Year!

Apr 2, 2002
New York
You do realize that to keep artificial plants looking nice and healthy you need to feed them artificial plant food at least once a month? :p

One of the nest parts of this hobby is that only one person ever has to look how any of their tanks look and that is the tank owner. It's like art one person love it and another hates it. It has nothing to do with the art, it has to do with the observers.

Much of the benefits of live plants are also gained from artificial ones as well. Only the ability pf the pants to affect the water parameters is the difference.There are benefits to artificial plants. They look the same all the time, they never outgrow the look you wanted and they never need to be pruned or fertilized. Lighting doesn't matter to how they do either. Then there is the fact that one cannot have live plants in those tanks where the water parameters from one's tap will prevent them from doing well. Finally, one can put artificial plants into tanks with plant eating fish ;)

@ FishAddict74 FishAddict74
The tank looks just fine to me. But then my opinion doesn't really matter.

Reactions: FishAddict74

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
You do realize that to keep artificial plants looking nice and healthy you need to feed them artificial plant food at least once a month? :p

One of the nest parts of this hobby is that only one person ever has to look how any of their tanks look and that is the tank owner. It's like art one person love it and another hates it. It has nothing to do with the art, it has to do with the observers.

Much of the benefits of live plants are also gained from artificial ones as well. Only the ability pf the pants to affect the water parameters is the difference.There are benefits to artificial plants. They look the same all the time, they never outgrow the look you wanted and they never need to be pruned or fertilized. Lighting doesn't matter to how they do either. Then there is the fact that one cannot have live plants in those tanks where the water parameters from one's tap will prevent them from doing well. Finally, one can put artificial plants into tanks with plant eating fish ;)

@ FishAddict74 FishAddict74
The tank looks just fine to me. But then my opinion doesn't really matter.
+1
Real plants aren’t always an option because of the fish, the multispinosa in this tank would eat or destroy them for example
But we’re getting off topic, I started this thread to for people to show off what they’ve created using artificial plants

Reactions: Sprinkle

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
I think that tank is scaped beautifully! The only issues I've had with artificial plants is they eventually look shabby from algae and bio film growth and they can eventually come apart. Natural, nice looking big fake plants are expensive too!

The only tank I keep a few plastic plants in is my oscar and sev tank. It's comical to watch the severum pick them up and move them around.

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
Looks great. I always got diatoms on mine and was a pain to keep clean.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store