Shrimp tank disaster - the tank of death

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
i really think it probably has something to do with teh instability of your water from using the mix of ro and tap. Something has to be shifting around to cause issues. I am so sorry you are having a hard time man

The Zigman

Here fishy fishy fishy!!!
Oct 5, 2007
Near Chicago, Il.
www.uglymuggs.com
i really think it probably has something to do with teh instability of your water from using the mix of ro and tap. Something has to be shifting around to cause issues. I am so sorry you are having a hard time man

I wouldnt have a hard time believing this if any of my other tanks had the same issues.. But they dont.

Everything was fine till I put that new substrate in.
Maybe they got poisoned by copper in it or something.

vito357si

AC Members
May 29, 2007
las Vegas
Man I feel your pain I had this happen to me about 2 years ago. I had a 7 and 10gal tank with around 200 cherrys never got them to breed but I did get them to die ever few days :/. I am going to try it one more time my water is ph 8.1, kh 5 83.3 ppm, gh 20 400 ppm is your water anyway like mine if so is that to high to breed them? Also Ro and tap water when I let sit for 14 hours still gives me a ph of 8.0 mite have to by some spring water for the tank doh.

The Zigman

Oct 5, 2007
Near Chicago, Il.
www.uglymuggs.com
I thought I had a bacterial infection fro the new substrate because the water was couldy for 3 days...hence the maracyn.

I havent seen any new deaths yet today, so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

The Zigman

Oct 5, 2007
Near Chicago, Il.
www.uglymuggs.com
only 2 new deaths today.

weird thing is the tank wehre they were, before I moved them, is still full of happy ramshorn snails. they are just fine.

I really dont understand this...

I have about 20 left, out of maybe 200..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store