Shrimps?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jewelcichs

AC Members
Aug 10, 2017
Hi I'm deciding on getting shrimp for both my 7g and my 70g. The biggest problems though is that I want cherry shrimp in my 7g but I also have a peacock gudgeon in there. And in my 70g I'm looking to get some bamboo shrimp but I have a couple GBR's in there. Do you think it could work out or should I forget the idea of getting shrimp.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
I wouldn't put shrimp in either tank. Small shrimp do best either on their own, or with small fish that don't pose a threat and won't eat/peck at them. Bamboo shrimp, while bigger, are very challenging to keep because they feed from the water column and pretty much all our tanks are kept too clear for them to get enough to eat. Daily feedings that put food in the water for 10-15 minutes just won't cut it.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
^ Agree.

Fish that will work well with red cherry shrimp are hatchets, celestial pearl danios and kissing gourami. I had that combo going in my 29g with plants. It got so overpopulated with RCS it looked kind of gross. To knock down the RCS population I added 4 tiger barbs. Not only did they thin the herd, they wiped the RCS out completely and turned into flying striped meat balls in the process. LOL

Reactions: eroomlorac

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
With capes?

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013