Shubunkin Goldfish sick with curved spine

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sam179

Registered Member
Nov 4, 2019
My Shubunkin goldfish (Sero) was behaving oddly a few days ago so I did a 50% water change hoping it would help. I noticed after the water change that he had a small red spot on his tail fin so the next day I also did a 50% water change. At that point he was sitting at the bottom of the tank and was not at all active. I planned on getting some water test strips today in hopes of figuring out what was going on but when I got up this morning I found him caught in the filter intake. His tail and fins are damaged and his body is curled and he can't seem to straighten out. He also appeared to be having trouble breathing. I moved him to a separate tank and cleaned out his tank very thoroughly, changing out approximately 80℅ of the water. I've moved him back into his tank where he is resting at the bottom, still with a curled spine and gasping.
He is currently in a 20gal long but if he recovers I will move him to a 110gal tank.
How should I treat him and is there any chance he can recover?

IMG_20191104_152636_edit.jpg

Sam179

Registered Member
Nov 4, 2019
Unfortunately Sero passed away. He died while I was out to get him some medicine

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store