Sick fantail?! Help please!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Somervell

AC Members
Feb 8, 2009
PA
Real Name
Anne
In a 25 with two goldfish I run triple filtration. The filter that is on it now is rated for 80 gallons. Just a personal preference, but with goldfish, I prefer to filter at "overkill" level. I have two 80 gallon internal filters on my 60, but it has four fish in it.

Nebula23

AC Members
Aug 10, 2010
That is quite the filtration. My fish is upright, but just swims around the bottom when there is food around. somervell, beautiful picture, is that your fish?

Somervell

AC Members
Feb 8, 2009
PA
Real Name
Anne
Thanks for the compliment. Yes, she was my fish. Casper was a beauty. Sadly, she was killed in a freak accident involving a splitting glass top. :(

On a happier note, her replacement, Zeus, turned out to be an equally beautiful panda Moor, and is quite sure she is the star of the tank. I haven't posted any pictures of her, yet, but she looks like the fish equivalent of a Siamese cat.

If your fish is upright and feeding, then she should be fine for now. Keep going with the water changes, it will probably be very helpful for the fish.

Nebula23

AC Members
Aug 10, 2010
That is so sad:( I lost my Telescope moor last year and I was so sad, she was similar to your Casper, just much much larger! I would love to see a picture of Zeus! Let me know when you post one!

Somervell

AC Members
Feb 8, 2009
PA
Real Name
Anne
Will do! Thanks for your interest and kind words, Nebula! How big was your telescope? In that picture, Casper is about 5". It's a big tank and the picture was shot from far away.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store