Sick Guppy?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tara brown

AC Members
Nov 2, 2006
Ontario, Canada
www.flyingdog.ca
One of my guppies has not been acting normally for the past 2 days. He is staying in one corner of the aqaurium right near the surface not moving too much. He looks healthy in general - really good colour. The other guppies are all acting normally so i don't think its water quality (i also did a test yesterday and everything was good - better than they are used to!). Yesterday he had this really big green thing handing out of him. I assume it was poop but it was really big, dark green and hung out of him for a long time. Any ideas what's going on or what i should do?

Tara

psilo

AC Members
Hi tara
What do you feed your guppies? A good varied diet with live food twice a week is always good for them. Big poops that take along time to come out maybe an indication that he is not as regular as he should be and is getting constipated. Do you have live plants in your tank? Plenty of green foods are good for curing this.
It also sounds like your water quality may be to blame. You say you did a test but what did you test for and what type of test did you use? maybe it would be a good idea to do a 50% water change just to freshen things up a bit.
Hope this helps :)

Ms.Bubbles

AC Members
Sep 26, 2005
You say the water in the tank is "better than they are used to", which means that previously the water has not been optimal. Perhaps ammonia and nitrite has taken some toll on your fish.

What is your ammonia, nitrite and nitrate reading? Without knowing these, it's hard to know exactly what is causing the problem...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store