Silver Dollar Pair: Good or Bad

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cra_za_j

AC Members
Oct 4, 2007
BC
I have a 55g. long tank currently cycling. I will be putting my 4 angels in it, and was wondering if it would be ok to get a pair of silver dollars.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
I would make sure the SD are smaller then the angels.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
I have a 55g. long tank currently cycling. I will be putting my 4 angels in it, and was wondering if it would be ok to get a pair of silver dollars.
I find it best to keep the silver dollars in a group rather than a pair.

dona

AC Members
Nov 27, 2002
nj
Visit site
I currently have 2 silver dollors in a 75gal that do fine for the last 4 years along with 2 blood parrots,4 hachlets,1 keyhole cichlid,2 glass cats; 6 diamond tretras,1 upside down fish and 1 bristle nose pleco,12 rainbow

Last edited:

FreakIndeed

Yo yo yo!
Oct 7, 2006
Columbus, OH
I've personally tried Silver Dollars with Angels in a 55 and it didn't work out too well. The Silver Dollars are fast and boisterous. They also scare easy, which would then startle the Angels. Also, some of my Angels ended up with nipped ventral fins. I never determined if that was due to the SD's or the Pictus Cat though as I removed both species at the same time. My SD's are now happily residing as the dither fish in my 125 gal South American cichlid tank. They seem much happier.

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
the silver dollars will shred the angels' fins
And you'd need 6 of them, and you'd have a pretty OS tank with 4 angels and 6 SDs.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store