Silver Dollar Resistant Plants?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Thanks, that's how I've fed peas. What are guandules? That's not a food I've seen before, but I'm always interested in trying new foods, for me & my fish. I'm googling now.

FJB

AC Members
Jun 7, 2019
Thanks, that's how I've fed peas. What are guandules? That's not a food I've seen before, but I'm always interested in trying new foods, for me & my fish. I'm googling now.
Guandules are a latin bean, sort of like a lima bean, just smaller. Any bean (cooked or softened) will delight the darn eating machines.
Today's update (after yesterday's water change).

SilverDollars_29May2019_IMG_0489.jpg

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Thanks, I found they're also called "pigeon peas", I've seen those but never tried them. I appreciate your description of like small lima beans. Now maybe I will try them, we love our beans of all kinds!.

Eulin123

Registered Member
Jan 24, 2020
Hi all,

I'm about to add some silver dollars and need some advice on which plants they DO NOT eat! I'm not equipped to have the fine-tuned underwater gardens that some of you here have so I'm hoping to find some plants that are hardy, low-maintenance and require little light.:cool:

If any of you have any great links discussing plants, etc. that would also be appreciated.
My Java Moss is spreading all over my 55 gallon tank and the Silver Dollars have never touched it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store