singapore flower shrimp

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FtwayneFish

Pump Paintball!
Dec 7, 2007
Fort Wayne, IN
powedered flake is just fine. Mine roams all around and "picks" at the drift wood but stays 85% at the filter output. But its always pooping so I know its doing just fine.

Robin Alv

Robin
Jan 14, 2008
New Jersey
FtwayneFish:
You make it sound so appealing. They are staying near the current (small azoo powerhead) fanning away. I will add the crushed flakes also since the tank is only four months old (I add left the hobby for a few) and may not have enough on its own.

ct-death

Fish & Visitors Smell in 3 Days...
Feb 27, 2007
New Hampshire
They eat off of matter in the water column. They do very well in older tanks, especially planted ones as a result. they enjoy a decent flow to scavange from.

Very cool shrimps ;)

dixienut

AC Members
Jun 15, 2006
Hookstown/Georgetown area pennsylvania
try hikari first bites powder food for tropical fry crushing flakes works but its hard to get it as tiny as this plus is last a long long time it's 54% protien, so it should work fine, but just a very tiny amount what ever sticks to your finger when you dip it and just brush it over the top if the water by the filter or where ever they gather at, its slowly sinking so after a bit they start to sink so they can grab it and feed,. i get mine at petsmart.. around $3 or so..much easier..

AndiPants

AC Members
May 25, 2007
Canada
I give mine some crushed flake food, and I have also seen my big guy go and fan just about any type of sinking pellet that I have put in there (he goes pretty nuts over it), although I've never seen my little guy do this.

jaysen

i eat rats like you for breakfast!
Oct 10, 2007
long island, NY
www.myspace.com
i cant wait to buy my group of 10 after reading all this. i think my tank is finally aged enough. just need to empty out some fish. i was also told using fry liquid food works for them and they can be fed crushed flake food with a turkey baster.

vampie

AC Members
Oct 25, 2006
New York, NY
I occasionally feed mine fry and liquid foods for no apparent reason. They also go crazy for diatoms, but you'd have to scrap it off for them.

Robin Alv

Robin
Jan 14, 2008
New Jersey
I crushed some food today for them and just put it in the tank. They are fanning away and eating so I am not concerned yet. I don't want to start overloading my tank with extra food and nutrients because I don't want to mess up my bioload and water quality.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store