Smallest Wet Pet?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

nomadofthehills

AC Members
Apr 10, 2005
What is the smallest wet pet there is? I can have fish in college, but I dont want a 55, I am not sure if there is a maximum tank size, but I think a 55 would be pushing it lol...

TetraFreak

Church of the Freshwater Aquarium!
Dec 14, 2005
Sweet Home "Northern" Alabama
you could get a 5 Gal & keep a betta.

Bettas are great pets!

FreddytheFish

Nano-Reefer
Aug 29, 2005
Cincinnati, OH
Or a ten gallon...then you'd have lots of options.

Click the link in my signature and you can see how my 10 is set up.

Freddy :dive2:

Emg

AC Members
Jan 16, 2005
Northeast Connecticut
emgstanks.blogspot.com
Or you could put together a 10 or even 5 gallon terrerium/viverium and get some newts or frogs.

I have some redbellied newts and they are fantastic ! No tank cleaning hassels and I feed them about 3-4 times a week on freeze dried tubifex worms and occasional live black worms. Very easy critters to maintain and care for with minimal effort once you get the tank setup. Occasional clipping of plants and just a spritz of water each day to keep the humidity up. I do switch out the moss every now and then since I don't have tropical moss in my tanks. The moss I have needs a cold/dormant period. But if you use java moss that shouldn't be a problem.

You would need some type of water in the tank for them if they want to go for a dip, but mine never venture into the water. They prefer to hang in and under the plants I have in there. You could have 3 or 4 in a 5 gallon tank and I think they would do quite well.

A pic of a 10 gallon dart frog tank I have setup....

And here's the frog I have in here.....

VTwinFanatic

Endlers
Mar 17, 2005
North Carolina
I Feel Your PAIN....I'm currently in a dorm room and have a roommate, and cramped on space, but I still find space for my tanks....I have two 10gals...one heavily planted and the other with some terracota pots for my pair of kribs, then I have two 2.5gal tanks for bettas. Then one 5.5 gal tank for my killifish. So if you really want fish then you can have them, and you'll find space. A guy down the hall has a 29gal which is pretty nice with some angels in there. But my point is you'll find space so dont worry about that...just find out what the maximum size you are allowed to have then work from there. Good Luck

hunnysnax

AC Members
Nov 26, 2005
sydney australia
if you want to go small (ie 5 gallons) you can get say a betta, or say 3 bumble bee gobies or like 2 dwarf puffers. the gobies are brackish though. 10 gallons has alot more versatility though. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store