Snail doest like heat

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rebbi

Registered Member
Feb 1, 2019
I bought what i thought were mystery snails. I had a tank w no heater. My snails were active n happy. I put a heater in and one died n the other looks close to it. I took the other snail out n put it in cold water n it was fine again. The pet store ssid to re introduce it to the heat w a plastic bag. Sid that ...,snail doesn't like it. Taking her no out n putting her in cold water where she's happy. Is this normal or do I not have a mystery snail.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Pics?

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
What else changed? Are you sure the heater is running properly? What else is in the tank and what temp was it before?

Rebbi

Registered Member
Feb 1, 2019
The tank was room temp. Now it 70 f. I moved them bk to room temp. Tbey were good for a while n now hiding agsin. Idk I think shes depressed here froend died

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Unlikely this is a temperature only issue. This could have been a big change in water parameters, the snail could have been sick/diseased before you got it, etc.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store