Snail Tank setup?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

lawdawg18

AC Members
Oct 6, 2003
Jackson, Ms
Visit site
What does it take to raise snails? I tried them in a plastic ice cream bucket with a piece of lettuce, and holes cut in the top, but they all died the first night. Would a 1 or 2 gal tank kit work for snails? Just the little black snails is what I want, not the big ones.

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
I would have a bit of water circulation and you need to have the container fish ready-cycled I mean cause the snails waste can kill them just like fish
as for food lettus in small ammounts or you can just put some light on them and grow a bit of algea

pharoh08

AC Members
Oct 4, 2003
pa
Visit site
i use a 1 gallon i had laying around i breed them for my clown and yoyo loaches, but any way i got them on a plant from a store, with 3 or 4 snails and in that little one gallon its gone into hundreds or even higher, i now also use a cooler with a air pump and just add in a little fish food in and i also give them used filter cartragies which the eat right up , than i just replace the fillings inside (carbon ,floss, and some white rock things) and i can reuse it.

elgecko

AC Members
Apr 10, 2003
PA
www.geocities.com
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store