So my Hatian anemone bit the dust

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

lanimret

AC Members
Apr 1, 2008
Not really surprised, this guy has been bouncing around my tank for months, never once attaching to anything, burying his stump, anything. Just ending up jammed in corners usually upside down. Seemed healthy untill a few days ago, but still, not surprised.

Anyway, should never have bought it in the first place, mostly bought it because it had a really nice porcelain crab latched onto it, I just moved him over to my other, stationary, anemone.

Question is, I want to replace him with another anemone that might appeal more to my two falce percula's. They are tank bread, so they may never host, but still if I am going to replace it I want to give it a shot.

What anemone do people have the most success with getting tank bread falce percula's to host with?

rdfriend

AC Members
Sep 9, 2007
Seminole, Fl.
A rose bubble tip would be a good choice.

lanimret

AC Members
Apr 1, 2008
Im clearly tired, I spelled false wrong... twice.

Please excuse my low endurance brain

lanimret

AC Members
Apr 1, 2008
My other anemone is actually a green bubble tip :) They so far have shown no interest sadly :\

lanimret

AC Members
Apr 1, 2008
75g, 15g sump/refugium

The hatian reef was very small and had problems from day one, long before I got the second anemone which has been fine. They are not really good reef anemone's anyway, as I said I should have done a little more research before I bought it in the first place.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store