So sad! Rehomed my fish, taking a break from the hobby.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

LeahK

AC Members
Jul 5, 2007
Iowa
I'm packing up and moving to the mainland--relocating from Hawaii to Iowa at the end of August!

Over the past several months, I've been finding homes for all my fish, and I just rehomed my last betta, Mr. Yellow, last night. I was so sad to see him go, but I know he'll be taken care of. It's good--all my fish went to great new homes (thanks for taking Mr. Red, Fishycat!).

Anyway, I don't know if I'll be able to have more aquariums anytime soon. The job I accepted in Iowa is just a one-year position, and so I'll most likely be relocating again next summer. I can't commit to a tank with that much uncertainty in the near future, and I have no idea when I'll be able to say that I'm settled for the long term.

So, maybe this post is kind of a good-bye to AC, too, at least for a while! I'm sure I'll be around a little, and I know I'll have tanks again one day, but for now I'll be taking a break. Thanks for all the great advice and great community!

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
Wow - sounds like it's a bittersweet time for you...I can't imagine trading Hawaii for Iowa! But best of luck to you in your ventures and hope to see you around again soon, that's great that you were able to find the fish nice homes instead of just dropping them off at the LFS.

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
Hope it works out great for you, Leah. You don't have to have tanks to post. =)

captaincaveman9

Innocent and Pure!
Oct 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Steve
Aww don't leave AC just because you have to take a break from the hobby. We'll still chat with you and heck you can still help people with info :)

Bubbles2112

Is someone behind me???
Jun 22, 2008
North Carolina, USA
Real Name
Barbara
Good luck to to you LeahK! I hope that you make it back to Hawaii after your year is up. Perhaps you can have a small betta tank on your counter in Iowa?

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
i don't know what to say. leaving hawaii for iowa? must be a great opportunity.

good luck with everything.

LeahK

AC Members
Jul 5, 2007
Iowa
Aw, thanks everyone! I'm sure I'll still drop by every so often :) After all, even without a fish tank, AC is still good for my procrastination hobby....

XanAvaloni

AC Members
Nov 13, 2009
Hi Leah! (waves). Whereabouts in IA are you perching for the year? I know we have a regular here in AC in Des Moines who runs a lfs, I'm sure he would help set you up with whatever suits your current situation.

I was born in Oskaloosa and grew up (till dragged away at age 7) in Knoxville. Don't get back there much any more since grandma passed on, but still think of the place fondly. It is neither Hawai'i nor Heaven ("Field of Dreams" reference) but it has its charms. :)

LeahK

AC Members
Jul 5, 2007
Iowa
Hi Leah! (waves).
Hi XanAvaloni!

Whereabouts in IA are you perching for the year? I know we have a regular here in AC in Des Moines who runs a lfs, I'm sure he would help set you up with whatever suits your current situation.
I will indeed be in Des Moines! Do you know the name of the lfs? I'll stop by.
Although, seriously, just going in to "look around" is the beginning of the end, lol :grinyes:
If I knew that I would be able to rehome it after a year, I'd totally get a betta tank, maybe 10 gallons. I wonder if there many other folks on AC in the Des Moines area.....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store