So what type of catfish should I get.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Brent II

AC Members
Mar 6, 2003
Visit site
I'm going to take my red tailed back this weekend and get something different.

I used to have a spotted cat but he bit the dust. Don't know why. Just one day I found him dead.

Anyway, like I said I currently have a 55 gal but I am getting a 120 in about 2 months. So what can I get that will have a little size to it but not out grow the 120.

Ledslnger

AC Members
Nov 1, 2001
Sioux City, IA
Get a Synodontis longistorous. I think that is the spelling. Or a Syno tanganicae. The tanganicae may get close to outgrowing a 120 though. Maybe a group of Syno multifasciatus. They make a sweet school.

VoodooChild

Kissin' the Sky
Dec 17, 2001
MN
Visit site
I have a small school of S. eupterus in my Malawi tank. I like them alot, but they get definantly dish out a beating if the need arises. Actually, I like all synodontids. Otherwise Pimelodus pictus are very active little guys that get to be 5" or so. Not catfish, but the clown loaches are probably favorites of many people around here.

ChilDawg

Math is sexy.
Dec 26, 2002
Byron and Normal (IL)
hometown.aol.com
Brent,
Though I know that it must have been hard to get rid of the RTC, I congratulate you on a great decision...too many people end up keeping fish in sub-optimal conditions, when giving them up or getting a larger tank are the only good options. Might I suggest a small school of Dianema with a rigorous water-changing schedule for the tank?

Brent II

AC Members
Mar 6, 2003
Visit site
I have a chocolate cichlid, a bala, silver dollar, common pleco and a bristle nose.

I want to add a couple more Chocolates, maybe three or four more silver dollars and 1 or 2 more balas.

fish dude

ruler of alll
Jan 6, 2003
Visit site

sun cats are nice if you can find a large one. or bull heads

Brent II

AC Members
Mar 6, 2003
Visit site
Been looking around. How about these:

Black Fin Shark
Armored Catfish