Solar Powered Pond?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

koienterprise

M.A.N. Community Vendors
Dec 5, 2010
West Sacramento CA
Would love to see those pics even if I don't go solar with the pond. :)
As soon as the weather gets better ( this coming week) I'll do you one better.... I'll post a video of a very simple DIY solar setup. That way you can see the flow rate and height these little pumps can do:headbang2:

koienterprise

M.A.N. Community Vendors
Dec 5, 2010
West Sacramento CA
Update 11/15/10. I'll be making a visit to the solar pond setup. The owner is doing yard renovations and thus is redoing the solar layout. I thought this would be a good time to photo and film the different parts. Current time is 2:51pm PST. I'll be filming at 4:10pm PST so hopefully will be posting later this evening. Stay Tune

koienterprise

M.A.N. Community Vendors
Dec 5, 2010
West Sacramento CA
Solar Pond Set Up

As requested here are some photos of a Solar off the grid outdoor pond. Some stats:
  • Koi Fanatics Fiberglass 3000gallon Pond / Custom color gel coat
  • 2- 3" Koi Fanatics bottom drains
  • 1- No niche skimmer
  • 1-Koi Enterprise Autofill System
  • 2-Wave 57Watt Ultraviolet Sterilizers
  • 2-EA Eazy Pod Filters on separate bottom drain circuits
  • 1- Sequence 750 4200 115V running 1.8amps ( Used for filter system back up)
  • 1- Sequence 750 Sun Pump ( Used for waterfall)
  • 1-AirTech 70L air pump used for added aeration and cleaning the Eazy Pod Filters
  • 6-10"-16" Koi Fish
  • A few goldfish
  • 2-Hi Fin Sharks 12"
Here you can see 4 Solar Panels mounted on top of the spa enclosure
DSC_1347.JPG
A few inverters with a pair of Volt meters ( used to see the power output of the solar panels)
DSC_1345.JPG
1 of 2 battery used for powering the LSS when solar is not enough and also to charge the battery
DSC_1346.JPG
The Sun pump is flowing 1622gph while the other is doing 2912gph
DSC_1349.JPG

If looking into off grid solar ponds a few notes. When running Sun Pumps have at least 2 batteries better 3. One single 200+ watt panel will do well. One can probably do a solar off grid setup for around $800.00.

For more info on Sun pumps and running off grid panels you may want to checkout our website. Anyone else running solar please share. I'de love to see others input as well:y220e:

I'll be posting video to show the flow first hand as well. Look for this in a few days=)

DSC_1347.JPG DSC_1345.JPG DSC_1346.JPG DSC_1349.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store