Some kind of fungus???

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

WhisperedLitany

AC Members
Dec 20, 2008
Coon Rapids, Minnesota.
Thanks everyone.
I got a 5 in 1 test kit thing for 10 bucks from walmart.... I'm kinda confused about it because it doesnt really tell me what colors is good and bad for each one. It has a "ideal color chart" thing but its no help seeing as how i dont know if the colors should be lighter or darker on my test strip and it doesnt show any levels.

idk. my dads trying to get ahold of the people on the website for it. :confused:

tcarswell

Bichir guy
Jan 7, 2009
Sacramento California
I have seen this slime time and time again on all my tanks and seen a lot of threads about it. However I have never gotten a clear answer as to what it is. I can tell you for peace of mind it is most likely not toxic. Chances are if you pull the intake off your filter it will have some in there. Mine was packed last water change. That is the only real detriment I can think of is it clogs up filters pretty well. What kind of cycle are you doing btw ? If you have the oppurotunity go fishless its much faster and more humane and you get a real stable environment of beneficial bacteria.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store