some new additions to my tank -- pics

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Pallen81

TheSunCoralTamer
Jun 20, 2006
Lawrenceville, NJ
www.mygodmusic.com
Since i last posted I have gotten a few new animals. I got a Pom Pom Crab. He's out all the time but I havent taken a pic just yet.

Pics I do have include Mushrooms and a Pink & Green Cucumber. If you look closely you can see a tiny baby Orange Sun polyp on a shell next to the Mushrooms. Those little polyps are all over the tank. its so cool.

Im still fighting off the cynobacteria on my sand. Its been there for months.

IMG_2136.jpg IMG_2137.jpg IMG_2167.jpg IMG_2168.jpg IMG_2169.jpg IMG_2170.jpg

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
I wouldn't be too frightened of that particular cuc grins they are slighlty toxic yes but, they are far less likely to eviserate themselves and nuke your tank. They will likely need to be spot fed from time to time though . I probably would have waited until the tank was a bit more established though but, what is done is done and they will do ok if you give them proper care. From the sounds of it your tank is at least three or four months old so...
Looking good

Pallen81

TheSunCoralTamer
Jun 20, 2006
Lawrenceville, NJ
www.mygodmusic.com
yes, my tank has been up since april and i work at a fish store so its really hard not to buy cool stuff when it comes in, but I think I do well! hehe.

what would you spot feed the cucumber with? phyto plankton? Cyclop Eeze?

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
so you have sun coral polyps....when are you gonna be selling/trading those?? :D

Pallen81

TheSunCoralTamer
Jun 20, 2006
Lawrenceville, NJ
www.mygodmusic.com
haha, maybe when then grow up and arent the size of salt grains. hehe. oh Ill get them to grow. oh yes. I will.

I just tried feeding some Cycop Eeze to my Cucumber and he seemed to eat it. cool!

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I wouldn't be too frightened of that particular cuc grins they are slighlty toxic yes but, they are far less likely to eviserate themselves and nuke your tank. They will likely need to be spot fed from time to time though .
Thanks Max the Invert Man, it is a very unusual creature so of course I like them. Good to know it is one of the better choices of ones to get.

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
i agree about the cuc, the toxins that are released are very mild at best, only really causes a problem when these are in a reletivly small aquaria and dump their load..

Great looking inhabitants you have there..

Niko

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store