Some of my Planted Ripariums

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
Your stuff is freaking awesome, hydro. Keep up the great work. And keep posting pics.

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
Hey thanks!

More pictures on the way soon.

Ripariums are an American idea...a totally new kind of aquarium dreamed up and developed right here in the USA!

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
Here is a quick picture update for my 50-gallon setup.

I removed all of the underwater plants and added some big limestone boulders. I need to work on the scpaing some more and I am also going to update the livestock.

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
Well now I have a lead on a couple of different Limia that I hope to get in trade for some fish that I have. I might use some in the 50G that I am redoing and/or the 40 brackish that I am also working on.

These Limia are really cool little fish. Here are some of the species that I might be able to trade for...

• L. tridens
  • L. vittata
  • L. sulphurophila
  • L. melanonotata
  • L. melanogaster
It's been a long time since I have gotten any new fish. This will be fun.

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
I made another new scape for the 50-gallon setup. You can see that I replaced that largest rock on the right and a couple of others.

I really like that new large beehive-shaped boulder on the right.

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
Sick, man. That boulder is dope! I love the rock work!

:cheers:

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
Thanks I like those rocks a lot too. There were a lot of others that were way too big for a tank (or to move) that I was also admiring. I could almost just set up boulders like those in a tank all by themselves with water and nothing else, but it's fun to put the fish and the plants in there too.

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
I have a quick photo update from last night for the 120 with Mexican livebearers. I have a single Cryptoheros cichlid in there too. The plants are looking good but they need to grow in a bit more to look nice and full.

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
Here is a quick picture with the new Thoricthys elliotii and Limia melanogaster in my 50-gallon setup.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store